Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Sign In to my DEMDACO account online?
How do I change the email address of my DEMDACO online account?
Will you share my email address with others?
How do I unsubscribe from your email list?
How do I become a DEMDACO retailer?
To obtain the contact information for your Territory Manager, type the Zip Code of your business in the Territory Manager Locator found at the bottom of the website.
You can also contact Customer Care at 888.336.3226, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm CST, or by email at email@example.com.
DEMDACO does not permit the sale of our brands on third party marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc. For more information, see our Authorized Retailer Policy.
How do I use a promotion code/Coupon Code?
How do I check the status of my order?
You can also check the status of a single Order by clicking the Check Order Status link on the Home Page. Or, you can check multiple orders by signing in to your DEMDACO account and visiting the Order Center.
How do I make changes to my order?
Should you have order changes, our OneCoast Territory Managers are best equipped to assist with navigating through decisions regarding order changes as they are most familiar with your store and other retailers in your area. If they are unavailable and/or your change needs immediate attention, you may also submit any such requests by contacting Customer Care at 888.336.3226, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm CST, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they would be happy to assist you.
How do I make a Credit Card payment? What types of payment do you accept?
P.O. Box 803314
Kansas City, MO 64180-3314
Is my personal and business information secure?
Why would the price of an item vary from when an order is placed, to when it is shipped?
Where does product ship from?
How long will it take for my order to be shipped?
You can check the status of a single Order by clicking the Check Order Status link on the Home Page. Or, you can check multiple orders by signing in to your DEMDACO account and visiting the Order Center.
How will I receive a tracking number and shipment details?
You can also obtain Shipment information by clicking the Check Order Status link at the bottom of the Home Page, or signing into your DEMDACO retailer account and visiting the Order Center.
How are DEMDACO’s Shipping charges billed?
Can end consumers contract the Coronavirus from handling DEMDACO product/s that may have been manufactured in affected areas?
- According to information published by the Harvard Medical School on 3/26/20, recent studies have found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly. There's a lot we still don't know, such as how different conditions, including exposure to sunlight, heat, or cold, can affect these survival times.
- Based on this information, lengthy lead times from factories to our Distribution Center (typically 30 to 60 days) would indicate that contracting the virus from products manufactured in any other affected countries would not be possible.
- There is no confirmed report of transmission from an object-to-person.
- Person-to-person contact has been the only reported transmission type (such as sneezing, coughing, or physical transmission through saliva or mucus).
What actions has DEMDACO taken to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus?
- All DEMDACO vendors have closed production until the beginning of March. They will follow guidance on when it is best for them to reopen and resume full operations.
- DEMDACO is monitoring CDC (Center for Disease Control) for updates to understand actions for health and safety pertaining to Coronavirus. DEMDACO has created a COVID 19 Task Force that meets daily or as needed to review updated information regarding the virus and determine how DEMDACO can best support the well-being of its consumers, retail partners, vendors, artists and colleagues.
- DEMDACO has cancelled all work related travel for its colleagues.
- DEMDACO has followed local government Shelter in Place recommendations and closed its offices and Distribution Center on 3/24/20 until 4/24/20 or until further instructions from its local/national government.
Will products I ordered from DEMDACO be delayed due to the efforts to quarantine the virus?
- DEMDACO does expect some product delays to occur.
- However, we cannot confirm the magnitude of any such delays at this time.
- DEMDACO is working with all suppliers and vendor partners to help reduce any such impact to our consumers and retail partners.
- DEMDACO has followed local government Shelter in Place recommendations and closed our offices and Distribution Center on 3/24/20 until 4/24/20. No shipments will occur from DEMDACO unless it is determined by local government regulations that we can do so safely.
- DEMDACO does have good inventory levels of many products already stocked in our Edgerton, Kansas Distribution Center and could offer substitute options should an item/s become out of stock for any reason.
What product is being voluntarily recalled?
We have initiated a voluntary recall of the byDesign Microwaveable Pot Holders – set of 2 (everyday and holiday) and Warm Heart Bowl Cozies
- •SKU Numbers: 1004180600-607, 1004180640-643, 1004180732-735, 1004470090-093, 2020210442-444, 2020220420-423
Why is this product being recalled?
The pot holder’s fabric can char after being warmed as intended in microwave for 3 minutes with a microwavable bowl containing liquid thereby posing a fire hazard. Warning on product did not include language that possible charring could occur after 3 minutes in the microwave.
Are byDesign Soup Crock and Bowl Cozy skus included in the recall?
No, they are not included in the recall. They are not labeled or marketed as “microwave safe”.
Are there any other DEMDACO products affected?
No other DEMDACO products are affected.
Have there been any confirmed instances of injuries related to the product?
We are not aware of any injuries related to the voluntary recalled products.
Is the CPSC aware of the Recall?
This voluntary recall is being coordinated with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Why/How did this product fail?
Warning on product did not include language that possible charring could occur after 3 minutes in the microwave thereby posing a fire hazard. The pot holder’s fabric can char after being warmed as intended in microwave for 3 minutes with microwavable bowl containing liquid.
When was the product sold?
Product was sold August 2020 – March 2022
How much product is affected?
Approximately 56,000 units. We are currently in the process of collecting these products.
What should customers do if they have these products?
Return product according to these instructions:
- Return to your local DEMDACO retailer, where you will receive a full refund.
- Call our Customer Care department at 888-336-3226 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT, Monday – Friday. Press option ‘5’ when prompted and you will speak to a Customer Care representative.
- A Customer Care representative will confirm your contact information and provide you with a call tag to return the affected product at no cost to you.
- After the product is received, a full refund will be processed for the value of the returned product.
If customers have additional questions, who should they contact?
Customers with questions about this voluntary recall may contact Customer Care at 888-336-3226, option 5, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT, Monday – Friday or email at email@example.com for more information. We appreciate your cooperation and immediate attention to this effort.